Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Previews!

I love movie previews. I could sit and watch them all day. Just some brief notes on previews I've seen recently at Star Wars and Hitchhiker's Guide.
Chicken Little- I've found myself drawn into their ad campaign, mimicking other movie trailers. I doubt i'll actually go to a theatre to watch this, but I'm sure I will watch it at some point.
War of the Worlds- Eh. Something bad is happening in this trailer. Something that will change the world. OoOoOo. Pass.
Stealth- W...T...F...
Batman Begins- I was looking forward to seeing this. But the last preview and the preview shown after the last Smallville have totally turned me off. I like my Batman fighting the Joker and Riddler and playing with his cool toys. Not being the new Karate Kid training in Tibet. At least we finally learn just why Batman is such a badass. He was trained by a Jedi Master.
Fantastic 4- I really had no desire to see this at all. Felt like another Hulk or Daredevil waiting to happen. But the new trailer has made a believer out of me. I still think the Thing looks like a giant turd, but the rest of the team looks great. The effects look great and from the trailer it looks like it will be a good blend of action and comedy. Hopefully it will follow in the footsteps of Spidey and the Xmen. This is Marvel's First Family, they deserve a decent flick finally, not the crap like Marvel pumped out for their afore mentioned second stringers.

No comments: