Sunday, July 24, 2005

WoW.

Once again I have found myself drawn into the vicious world of the Fantasy MMORPG. It's been over a year and a half since I cancelled my accounts for Everquest, Dark Age of Camelot, Final Fantasy, Sims Online, and Star Wars Galaxies. My soul thanked me. Since then I eagerly signed up for, and still play semi-regularly, City of Heroes. Since it's a superhero game, and superheroes would fuck up dwarves and elves anyday, it's okay for me to play it. I also bought Guild Wars, but it doesnt have a monthly fee, so it doesnt count. =) But today is a dark day. The temptation has been gnawing at me stronger and stronger. I've passed it in stores. Read reviews of it online. Even checked out it's official forums once or twice. Or twenty. Then while watching a 'Cheat!' marathon on G4TV, I finally snapped. I called up Devon to confide what was eating my soul alive. Then he confided back that he was watching the same thing. And the same evil was flowing through his veins. And so it was done. We now play World of Warcraft. May God have mercy.

No comments: